Saturday, August 10, 2013

Takki Series

I have recently discovered the Takki series on Youtube.  It has become my favorite show.  Takki centers around the life of young Saudis in Jeddah.  There are issues addressed such as womens' role in the media, illegal distribution of alcohol, and marriage.  I applaud the show for showing diversity in the faces and lives of the characters.
  Khairiah  Abulaban (Bayan)
The girls in the show are gorgeous and fashionable and one of the main characters, Bayan, is outspoken, brave, and a good role model.  She tries to push the envelope while still being respectable.  The guys on the show are pretty cute in general but Malek is the hottest in my opinion.  The show has a great balance of comedy and drama.  There are also amazing subtitles for those who are not fluent in Arabic.  I hope to one day be able to go to Jeddah and maybe Moaeed Althagafi.  Lol.
Moaeed Althagafi (Malek)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment