Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quran Verse of the Day

I have began rereading the Quran.  I feel that for people of any religion it is wise to read scripture for yourself instead of relying on the opinions of others.  It is also necessary to go back and reread scriptures at the different stages in our lives and in order to continue learning about God.  I plan to share with all of you verses that stand out to me.  In doing this, I hope that you will give me feedback and your feelings regarding the verse and any other aspects of the Quran and Islam.

I am reading the English translation by Pickthal.  I would greatly appreciate any comments regarding any similarities and differences in other translations and interpretations.

from Al Baqara  

2:155-157

And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the steadfast, (155) Who say, when a misfortune striketh them: Lo! we are Allah's and lo! unto Him we are returning. (156) Such are they on whom are blessings from their Lord, and mercy. Such are the rightly guided. (157)                             

No comments:

Post a Comment